Katie is a super full, twirly skirt with a flirty flounce and adorable circle pockets for girls sizes 2T to 10. An elasticized waistband means it is just as easy to sew as it is to wear. Even the youngest of girls can easily pull on and take off this sweet skirt. What a wonderful addition to her boutique wardrobe!
This pattern comes as a 39-page downloadable PDF document. You won't need to print all pages... choose the size skirt you are making and print only those pages (a page guide is located on page 2). Print it at 100% (no scaling) right to your desktop printer. No need to enlarge the pattern... it has been tiled so all you have to do is print, cut, tape and sew! Step-by-step sewing instructions, detailed diagrams and tons of photos are also included in true MODKID fashion.
SUGGESTED FABRICS: quilting cottons, shirtings, voiles, gauzes, lawns, linens and muslins, 44"/45" wide.
• Fabric #1: 1 yd. We used Vintage Houndstooth Teal from the Textured Basics collection, by Patty Young.
• Fabric #2: 1/3 yd. (Sizes 2T, 3T & 4T) or 1/2 yd. (Sizes 5 - 10). We used Cool Dots Red from Textured Basics.
• Lightweight fusible interfacing: 1/4 yd. for all sizes
• 3/4" wide non-roll elastic: 1/2 yd. (Sizes 2T & 3T) or 2/3 yd. (Sizes 4T - 10)
• Coordinating thread
• Sewing pins, fabric scissors, paper scissors and tape
• Tracing Paper and tracing wheel (or water-soluble fabric marker)
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern, NOT A PAPER PATTERN. Your pattern can be opened with Adobe Reader and will print on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11"). There are 39 pages total in this document, including full-size, computer-drafted pattern pieces.
©2013 Patty Young Designs for MODKID, LLC®. All Rights Reserved. Do NOT reproduce without permission. Photography, illustrations and layout property of Patty Young.