Lily is an adorable skirt design with cascading layers and mini-ruffles galore, to make every little girl twirl in delight. Sized 2T to 10, this skirt even includes a fabric bow that can be made removable for easy washing.
This pattern originally appeared in AUSTRALIAN HOMESPUN magazine Vol. 13 No.10. But since this was difficult to find in the US, we received countless requests to make this pattern available for US and worldwide residents.
FABRIC AND NOTIONS REQUIREMENTS:
SUGGESTED FABRICS: quilting cottons, shirtings, voiles, gauzes, lawns, linens and muslins, 44"/45" wide.
This skirt is made with three different fabric designs.
• Fabric #1: overskirt (use a non-directional print!), 1/4 yard for sizes 2T and 3T or 1/3 yard for sizes 4T - 10.
• Fabric #2: underskirt and bow, 1/2 yard for all sizes.
• Fabric #3: ruffle, waistband and bow center, 1/2 yard for all sizes.
• 3/4"-wide non-roll elastic: 1/2 yd. (Sizes 2T & 3T) or 2/3 yd. (Sizes 4T - 10)
• One metal pinback for the removable bow (optional)
• Textured thread of contrasting color for the rolled hems (optional)
• Coordinating thread
• Sewing pins, cutting tools and safety pin or bodkin
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern, NOT A PAPER PATTERN. Your pattern can be opened with Adobe Reader and will print on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11"). There are 6 pages total in this document, with NO pattern pieces to print. This skirt is made based on a cutting chart.
©2013 Patty Young Designs for MODKID, LLC®. All Rights Reserved. Do NOT reproduce without permission. Photography, illustrations and layout property of Patty Young.