Pleated Boho Bag.
17"w x 10"h x 1.5"d (excluding handle).
Ashley will soon be your favorite bag. It has a comfortable and casual style, with a series of box pleats on the front and back of the bag to add a touch of class and sophistication. It features a zipper closure to keep all your belongings secure inside and has two interior pockets to hold your most prized possessions. You will love the size of this bag... not too big, not too small, just perfect! Make the handle any length you prefer and use your favorite designer fabrics and embellishments to spice it up and make it your own!
SUGGESTED FABRICS: quilting weight cottons, shirting, denim, corduroy, linen & twill, 44"/45"or 60" wide. We used fabrics from Patty Young’s collections, Heaven & Helsinki and Andalucia 2012.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: (based on 44”/45” wide fabrics)
To make your Ashley purse like our sample pieces, using two different designer fabrics, you will need:
• Fabric #1 (outer purse body and zipper panel): 7/8 yard
• Fabric #2 (lining, handle and inside pocket): 1 yard
• 2 1/2 yards of fusible lightweight interfacing. We used Pellon's Fusible Feather Weight 911FF, 20"wide.
• 1/2 yard of fusible fleece. We used Heat & Bond's Extra High Loft Iron-on Fusible Fleece, 46"wide.
• 1 non-separating zipper, 12" long, and a decorative zipper pull.
• 10 decorative buttons at least 1" wide each.
• Coordinating thread.
All MODKID sewing patterns are for personal use or sale of handmade product ONLY in small quantities by at-home businesses. Manufacturing of ready-to-wear products made from our original designs for commercial use is strictly prohibited. No part of this pattern may be reproduced in print or electronically.