Finished quilt size: 50" w x 70" h
SUGGESTED FABRICS: designer quilting cottons, 44"/45"w. Use Patty Young’s fabric collections for a modern and eclectic look. We used Patty’s Textured Basics collection for Michael Miller Fabrics: Cool Dots and Natural Texture (quilt top), Shoreline in Teal (binding) and Diamonds in Citron (backing).
• Background (solid white or off-white): 2 yards
• Fabrics #1 (citron), #2 (red), #3 (teal), #4 (papaya), #5 (tangerine), and #6 (pink): 1/3 yard each
• Backing: 3 1/4 yards (use a non-directional fabric)
• Binding: 1/2 yard (cut into 2.5" strips)
Our Houndstooth Quilt looks just as sweet made up in one color for a baby nursery or child's room. If using one color only, you will need 2 yards total of the contrast fabric and 2 yards of background fabric.
• 100% cotton batting, at least 56" x 76"
• Coordinating Thread
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF tutorial, NOT A PAPER PATTERN. This means it comes with detailed instructions and measurements on how to cut all of your pieces needed for this project (no pattern pieces to print, tape and cut). Your tutorial can be opened with Adobe Reader and will print on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11").
©2013 Patty Young Designs for MODKID, LLC®. All Rights Reserved. Do NOT reproduce without permission. Photography, illustrations and layout by and property of Patty Young.