This chic and stylish clutch purse will be the center of attention at your next wedding, Holiday party or fancy event. Since it's quick and easy to sew and uses very little fabric, it will also become a go-to handmade gift for a friend or family member.
NOTE: This is a sewing tutorial with full measurements, diagrams and detailed how-to instructions. There are no pattern pieces to print, tape and cut.
SUGGESTED FABRICS: quilting cottons, lightweight denim, tweed, silk, satin, twill, velvet or canvas. Use Patty Young’s fabric collections for a modern and eclectic look. We used Patty’s Textured Solids from her Rendezvous collection.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: (based on 44"/45"-wide fabrics)
• 1/4 yard of main fabric for the outer purse body and flap.
• 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric for the purse lining and twisted fabric sash.
• 1/4 yard of fusible fleece
• 1/4 yard of light-weight fusible interfacing
• 1 magnetic snap
• Hand needle and thread
• Paper, pencil and cutting tools
• Sewing machine and coordinating thread
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern, NOT A PAPER PATTERN. Your pattern can be opened with Adobe Reader and will print on standard letter-size paper (8.5" x 11"). There are no pattern pieces included.
©2015 Patty Young Designs for MODKID, LLC®. All Rights Reserved. Do NOT reproduce without permission. Photography, illustrations and layout by and property of Patty Young.